The lodge bears the name of the street where it is located, which, in turn, was so named in tribute to the Chilean squad anchored in Salvador's port by 1902.
During the 50's, this was the place to be in Salvador. In the quiet afternoons of the time, both important and less important people from Salvador could be found hanging around there, contemplating or passing by.
On the sidewalk of Livraria Civilização Brasileira (a bookstore), local intellectuals would exchange ideas and appreciate the gorgeous ladies who would then be headed towards the tea house of the former Loja Duas Américas, towards Casa Sloper or even just strolling around.
From the windows, lies the view to the Forte São Marcelo, built to protect the city from the dutch and french invasions during the XVII century, and the Baía de Todos os Santos, in all its beauty.